Saturday, October 27, 2007

Language is your brain's OS. -Part 1


As people around me know, I have a weird fate. I was born and educated in Japan but eventually started to work in the United States in my middle 20s.

As everyone can image, I had to change my main language from Japanese to English during my 20s. It was really difficult trial for me to completely shut down Japanese from my mind. I really struggled and still struggling to deal with the language. But during my trial, I found one essential principle about a language: Language is your brain's OS (operating system), and the brain needs functional OS to stay healthy. In this blog, I will write what really happened to me when I installed new (not properly functioning) OS into my brain at middle 20s. It was really life threatening experience for me.

No comments: